Chez Maman (Potrero Hill).
- This place is amazing. It is very small, but the atmosphere is warm and cozy with a view of the kitchen as the chef’s create incredible dishes. It is an explosion of pleasure for your taste buds.
Universal Cafe (Outer Mission)
- This is our Sunday morning haunt. Their menu changes every week, but the french toast is a taste of heaven. Each week they have a different way to prepare it. My favorite was when they took Texas toast, encrusted it with pumpkin, and put a dollop of whipped cream on top. The Sunday they used cherry compote is a close second.
Hard Knox Cafe (Dog Patch)
- This is where you go for a bit of Southern soul food. They are famous for their fried chicken, but I think they have the best hamburgers in San Francisco. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
OSHA Thai Restaurant (2 locations – Valencia Street and Union Street)
- The atmosphere is great, and the food is even better. When it comes to Thai food, this restaurant is unbeatable.
Limon Peruvian Cuisine (Valencia Street)
- The eye for detail is definitely present in the preparation of the food, and in the presentation. Try the Peruvian Cola, it is like liquid Starburst candy.
Memphis Minnie’s BBQ (Haight)
- I can’t say this is the best BBQ that I’ve ever had, but it is definitely the best I’ve had in San Francisco. Give it a try.
Absinthe (Hayes Valley)
- The decor is great, the food is great, the location is great. They have a book, yes a book, of wine selections. If you opt for the cheese platter, you can mix and max several options to tailor it to something that will make your taste buds sing.